FANTOM’s sound engine combines ZEN-Core’s analog modeling and PCM synthesis with deep multisampling, SuperNATURAL and V-Piano technologies—and even software synthesizers—for unique sounds and intricate performance setups. There are dozens of effects for space and depth, and an analog filter for extra warmth and grit. And thanks to our custom Behavior Modeling Core processors, control is smooth and precise with loads of polyphony, and full patch remain.
With FANTOM, you can sample internal and external sources, or even both at the same time. Sample directly to the onboard pads for triggering, to the keyboard for instant pitched sounds, or create detailed multisamples with up to 352 samples per tone. You can even use samples as the basis of a ZEN-Core tone, taking custom sound design to a new level.
Considered by many as the king of instruments, piano sits at the heart of the creative process for composers across a range of musical genres. FANTOM uses our V-Piano and SuperNATURAL technologies for pianos that don’t just sound real, they feel real. Craft pianos that play and respond like their acoustic counterparts and match your personal taste.
Low-frequency oscillators add movement to static sounds. More LFOs mean more modulation possibilities and more ways to explore new ground. FANTOM has two LFOs per partial, four partials per tone—and since you can stack 16 tones, that’s a staggering 128 LFOs per voice. And FANTOM’s Step-LFOs have 16 steps of beat-synced automation with 37 curve choices per step. This creates long evolving passages, modular-style animated textures, and sounds with deeply intricate movement.
FANTOMs have our best keyboards ever, including the acclaimed PHA-50 on the 88-note model and a brand new semi-weighted action on the 61- and 76-note models. Each feels solid, precise, and supremely playable, with the expressive capabilities of aftertouch. We make our own keyboards to exacting standards, each model an evolution of the previous generation.
FANTOM has plenty of knobs and sliders for intuitive and immediate control, with high-resolution for buttery-smooth sweeps and fine adjustments. There’s a dedicated synthesizer section with oscillator, filter, and envelope controls, along with numerous buttons and pads for triggering and sequencing.
FANTOM doesn’t just work with computers—it fully integrates. It’s a high-quality 16x3 stereo audio interface and can control DAWs and plugins from its touchscreen. It can integrate soft synths into Scenes, and send parts composed on FANTOM directly to your DAW.
Customize your sound by integrating your plugin soft synths with FANTOM. Control Apple Logic, Garage Band, and Mainstage, and adjust soft synth parameters right from FANTOM’s touchscreen. Mix and layer soft synths with FANTOM’s internal sounds, and then route them through FANTOM’s analog filter section.
While FANTOM provides enormous creative potential, you may also want to integrate analog synths or drum machines with your setup. FANTOM has two sets of CV/Gate outputs so you can sync tempo or play them from FANTOM’s keyboard or its many pattern sequencers.
SEQUENCERMIDI Tracks16 (Internal/External)Group16Pattern8 (per each Track)Pattern Length32 measuresRecording MethodRealtime recording, Step recording, TR-RECEditing MethodPiano roll edit (Touch Edit support / Automation support), MicroscopeSong1 (per Scene)File formatOriginal, SMF export/import supported
* Sampler trigger data can be recorded.SAMPLER - KEYBOARD MULTISAMPLEFormat16/24-bit linear, 44.1/48kHz, WAV/AIFFNumber of Samples8,000Number of Multisamples128Sampling TimeThe maximum is 2 minutes 44 second (1 Sample)
* A total of approximately 2 GB (Share with Expansion titles)"
* Keyboard Multisample can import and export as ZEN-Core Tone.SAMPLER - PAD SAMPLERFormat16-bit linear, 44.1/48kHz, WAV/AIFF import supportedMaximum Polyphony8Number of Samples16 Pads x 4 BanksSampling TimeThe maximum is 60 minutes (the equivalent of approximately 660 MB).
* A total of approximately 2 GB can be saved (including imported WAV files)
* When you use the PAD samples as KBD Wave, then you have to manipulation it.SAMPLER - INTERNAL STORAGE SPACE FOR FILESSize2GBOTHERRhythm PatternYesArpeggiatorYesChord MemoryYesMotional PadYesPAD ModeSample Pad, Note Pad, Partial Sw/Sel, DAW Control, Zone Mute, Zone Solo, Kbd Sw Group, Rhythm Pattern, Pattern, Variation Play, Group PlayAIRA LINKYes